Dermal fillers are used for facial lines and areas of dermal depression. They can correct loss of volume, shape, contour and reduce the appearance of fine lines/deep lines. Dermal fillers consist of hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring gel produced in the body. Most contain local anaesthetic which minimises discomfort. Areas of concern will be discussed at consultation.
Although dermal fillers are immediate, please leave 14 days for the product to settle into your own tissues and for the swelling to go down. They usually last between 6-18 months dependant on the product and area.
Possible side effects including:
Bruising, tenderness and swelling at injection sites, lumps or slight visibility around the treated area, infection or eruption of cold sores following treatment.
Rare side effects include hypersensitivity, allergic responses and anaphylactic reaction. The rare possibility of filler being injected into a blood vessel could lead to blockage of the blood flow causing skin soreness, coldness, numbing and discolouration. Please contact the clinic as soon as possible in this instance.
There is an extremely rare risk of blindness if filler is injected into certain anatomical sites, such as the glabella, nasolabial folds and the nose.
You are not suitable for the treatment if any of the following apply; pregnancy/breastfeeding, active infection at the injection site, allergies/hypersensitivity to the filler or lidocaine. Caution should be used in those with coagulation disorders, or using anticoagulants due to the increased likelihood of bruising. The use of aspirin, high dose vitamin e, and high dose omega 3 oils, may be stopped for at least seven days prior to treatment to minimise bruising.
Please note – due to the subjective nature of the treatment it is not possible to guarantee results or longevity of treatment. Results may vary.
• Do not rub, massage or apply make-up to an injected area for at least 4 hours after the treatment
• Avoid extreme heat/cold and abrasive facials – microdermabrasion, laser and micro needling for up to 1 week post treatment
• Abstain from excessive alcohol and exercise for 24 hours
• Stay out of sunlight/uv radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
• Tanning beds, strenuous exercise, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, and massages are not recommended for 48 hours after treatment
• Keep the area clean & ice the area of treatment if required
• If its necessary to go into the sun, use spf 25 or greater at all times to protect the skin.