Botulinum toxin is a prescription muscle relaxant medicine, and is used to treat a number of conditions within the body. When injected into a muscle it works by partially blocking the nerve impulses which reduce excessive contractions of the muscle. The effects depend upon where it is injected.
Anti-wrinkle treatments using botulinum toxin normally take 2-4 days to start taking effect with up to 10-14 days for the final result. They usually last between 3-4 months, dependant on the area.
For facial injections- headaches and injection-site reactions are the most common adverse effects. Visual disturbances are uncommon and hypersensitivity reactions very rare. The use of aspirin, high dose vitamin e, and high dose omega 3 oils, may be stopped for at least seven days prior to treatment to minimise bruising.
You are not suitable for the treatment if any of the following applies; pregnancy/breastfeeding, infection at the injection site, allergies to botox® ingredients, neuromuscular disorders or under 18 years of age.
Botox treatments require a face to face prescription by a registered prescriber which will be organised prior to your consent of treatment.
Please note – due to the subjective nature of the treatment it is not possible to guarantee results or longevity of treatment. Results may vary.
• Do not rub, massage or apply make-up to an injected area for at least 4 hours after the treatment
• Avoid lying down for 4 hours.
• Avoid extreme heat/cold and abrasive facials – microdermabrasion, laser and micro needling for up to 1 week post treatment
• Abstain from excessive alcohol and exercise for 24 hours
• Stay out of sunlight/uv radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
• Tanning beds, strenuous exercise, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, and massages are not recommended for 48 hours after treatment.
• Keep the area clean
• If its necessary to go into the sun, use spf 25 or greater at all times to protect the skin.